Posts for tag: Laser Hair Removal
Would you like to say goodbye to the drudgery of shaving, waxing, or using messy creams to remove unwanted body hair? Would you like to know your skin is being treated by a fully-qualified cosmetic dermatologist who has your overall systemic health in mind? Then, investigate a wonderful aesthetic service called laser hair removal. Provided by Dr. Jacqueline Silkey in her Kaysville, UT, office, laser hair removal safely achieves a soft smooth look to areas of unwanted hair with no pain and no downtime.
How it works
After reviewing your medical history and visually examining your skin, Dr. Silkey applies a special numbing cream to the areas you wish treated. Typically, people want hair removed from their upper lips, backs, chest, bikini lines, underarms, and legs.
After the cream has worked for about 30 minutes, doctor, patient, and any assistants don protective eye wear, and the treatment begins. The Soprano ICE cool touch laser treats each hair follicle individually, delivering a focused beam of light which inactivates, or kills, the follicle.
As the doctor works through the various areas, patients rest comfortably. The size of the treated area determines how long the service takes. Afterwards, the skin may feel somewhat sensitive and look puffy and red, just as if you had a very mild sunburn.
Afterwards, patients resume their normal activities, and they enjoy noticeably less hair. It is highly recommended to stay away from tanning and sun exposure and to use sunscreen to avoid further skin irritation.
In all, most laser hair removal patients in Kaysville need two to six treatments, says the American Academy of Dermatology. While there may be some very gradual regrowth of fine hair, the treated areas generally stay hair-free for several months to years.
Is it safe?
Because your procedure will be performed by Dr. Silkey personally, you can count on an infection- and blister-free experience. Also, people of all skin tones and hair color can benefit from laser hair removal because of the many advancements in laser technology.
Find out more
Smoother, hair-free skin can be in your future. Why not arrange your laser hair removal consultation at Silkey Skin MD today? Call the office team in Kaysville, UT, at (801) 882-2200.
Still waxing? Professional laser hair removal can remove unwanted facial and body hair more reliably and more comfortably than other hair removal methods. SilkeySkinMD, which is located in Kaysville, UT, offers laser hair removal treatments to their patients. Dr. Jacqueline Silkey is your cosmetic dermatologist in Kaysville, UT. Here are the top five benefits of laser hair removal.
1. It Eliminates Hair- Laser treatments will give you the hair-free skin you desire. Laser treatments are useful for removing hair from the face, abdomen, chest, arms, underarms, legs, back, bikini line, and other areas. It's possible to remove hair in nearly any area.
2. No Sticky Messes- Chemical depilatory gels and creams are one of many hair-removal options available. Depilatory gels and creams can create a big mess, and getting rid of the broken-down hair and gel or cream is not easy. When you undergo laser hair removal, there are no creams, gels, and sticky messes.
3. It Saves Time- Whether you're yanking hair out with wax, smearing on depilatory creams, or shaving with razors, you're likely spending many hours a month doing it. Professional laser hair removal can help you save time. The treatments reduce hair growth and the need for shaving.
4. It Saves Money- Many folks spend hundreds of dollars per year on hair removal products, but the cost of laser hair removal treatments often amount to much less. Professional laser hair removal is long lasting and will help you save money over the years due to less or zero hair growth.
5. It's Pain-Free- Laser hair removal with The Soprano Ice Hair Removal Laser is virtually pain-free. It is considered to be less painful than other hair removal methods. Electrolysis is an invasive procedure that can be extremely painful. Shaving may remove unwanted hair, but it can also lead to cuts and razor burn.
6. It is Safe and Effective- Professional laser hair removal is a safe procedure. On average, approximately four to eight laser hair removal treatments are used to achieve maximum results, depending on the area being treated; and the results are long lasting.
Unwanted facial and body hair can affect your self-esteem and confidence. Don't want to wait another minute- call SilkeySkinMD at 801-882-2200 right now to schedule an appointment for a professional laser hair removal treatment in Kaysville, UT.